Our COVID-19 Response
Student Pick Up
Pick up Procedures
All our ASP sites will:
- At this time parents/guardians will not be allowed inside the buildings
- Pick up will be located outside the building
- Children will be required to sanitize their hands before entering The After School Program
- hand sanitizer will be available at each location
- Children will have their temperature checked every day prior to entering The After School Program
- Parents/guardians will need to acknowledge that their child does not have any symptoms and has not been in contact with anyone showing COVID-19 symptoms in the past 14 days
- An ASP staff member will sign in and sign out your child everyday for attendance.
Snack Time Procedures
Everyday in ASP, your child eats an afternoon snack
To ensure your child’s safety and keep our ASP students distanced the following guidelines will be implemented
- All students wash their hands before going to the table for snack
- Students will be spread out among tables
- ASP staff will spray tables with a bleach/water mixture and let dry for at least 5 minutes before students sit at the table
- After snack the tables are re-cleaned with bleach/water mixture
After School Program Procedures
ASP Program Procedures
- In the cafeteria and gym, students will be broken up into groups of 10
- All staff members will wear masks while working with students
- Staff can remove masks while students are on the playground
- Children will be required to wear masks or face coverings when social distancing is not possible
- Supplies will be cleaned/sanitized using a bleach solution daily
- Restrooms are deep cleaned by a custodian at least once a day during school hours
- Restrooms will be sanitized by ASP staff after each use. This includes:
- Door handles, toilet seats, toilet handles, and sink handles will be sprayed with a disinfectant spray
- Students will go to the restroom in groups of 10 with 1 staff member
- Group size will be limited on the playground
- Students need to bring water bottles that are labeled with their names
- Teachers carry backpacks while on the playground that have first aid items like band aids, instant ice pack, gauze, ect.
- At the end of the day, the playground equipment will be sanitized and given time to dry.
- The spray is a bleach solution.
Health and Wellness Procedures
If you aren’t sure when to keep your child home from school because of possible COVID-19 or other illness, please read the following
- If your child has any of the following symptoms, then your child needs to stay home until they are symptom free for 48 hours without medication:
- Fever (100.4 or higher)
- If the COVID-19 test is NEGATIVE and your child is not showing any symptoms, than your child may return to ASP
- If the COVID-19 test is POSITIVE then you must following the protocol below:
- Call the main pre-k office at 479-756-5077, and let them know that someone in the child’s household tested positive
- Your child must stay home for 14 days AND not show any of the below symptoms for 48 hours (without medicine) before returning to school:
- Fever (100.4 or higher)
- Sneezing or congestion
- Shortness of breath
- Nausea or vomiting
- Muscle or body aches
All of our staff will ensure your child’s safety and their own by following the procedures below:
- Wear masks when working 1-1 or in small groups with children
- Sanitize and wash hands frequently throughout the day including before and after helping a child use the restroom, serving food, cleaning tables or toys.
- Staff bathrooms will be sanitized after each use and deep cleaned at least once throughout the school day.
- Staff will also follow set procedures laid out on this website to ensure your child’s safety throughout the day.
What if someone in my household test positive for Covid-19?
- Notify The After School Program main office at (479) 756-5077
All-Day Care Due to School Closure (Pre-Register)
- If Springdale Public Schools dismiss as a district due to Covid-19, The After School Program will provide all-day care during this time
- If Springdale Public Schools dismiss by location or classroom, The After School Program is working on a safe back-up plan to provide care
- If you are a current family enrolled in The After School Program, you will be notified of the all-day care plans and given the opportunity to attend
- If you are NOT a current family enrolled in The After School Program and you would like to be considered for all-day care should schools dismiss, please complete enrollment forms.
- By completing enrollment forms for all-day care in advance it will allow you access to care should you need it. By pre-registering, you will not be charged the registration fee or any tuition charges unless you actually use the all-day program.
- Call (479) 756-5077 for more information